After months of reports on the merger of PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now in a single subscription service, PlayStation has finally announced that it is doing exactly that with the launch of what PlayStation Plus still calls. As of June in specific markets, PlayStation Plus will have different levels with certain benefits associated with each: PlayStation Plus Essential, PlayStation Plus Extra and PlayStation Plus Premium.
“The new extra and premium levels represent a great evolution for PlayStation Plus,” said Jim Ryan, president and Executive Director of Sony Interactive Entertainment, as part of the announcement. “With these levels, our key focus is to ensure that the hundreds of games we offer include the best quality content that differentiates us. In the launch, we plan to include titles such as Death Stranding, God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Mortal Kombat 11 and Return. We are working in close collaboration with our imaginative PlayStation Studios developers and external partners to include some of the best game experiences available with a library that will be updated periodically. Soon more details about the games we will have in our new PlayStation Plus service “.
You can consult the specific breakdown of the three levels and their prices below, directly from the source:
PlayStation Plus essential
Provides the same benefits that PlayStation Plus members get today, such as:
- Two game downloadable monthly
- Exclusive discounts
- Storage in the cloud for saved games
- Online multiplayer access
There are no changes for existing PlayStation Plus members at this level.
Price for PlayStation Plus Essential remains the same as the current price for PlayStation Plus.
- United States: $ 9.99 Monthly / $ 24.99 Quarterly / $ 59.99 Annual
- Europe: € 8.99 Monthly / € 24.99 Quarterly / 59,99 € Annual
- United Kingdom: 6.99 £ Monthly / 19.99 £ quarter / 49,99 £ annual
- Japan: 850 Yen Monthly / 2150 Quarterly Yen / 5143 Yean Yen
More of PlayStation Plus
Provides all the benefits of the essential level
Add a catalog up to 400 of the most fun PS4 and PS games, including box office successes from our PlayStation Studios catalog and external partners. Games at the extra level can be downloaded to play.
- United States: $ 14.99 Monthly / $ 39,99 Quarterly / $ 99.99 annual
- Europe: € 13.99 Monthly / € 39.99 Quarterly / € 99.99 Annual
- United Kingdom: 10,99 £ Monthly / 31,99 £ Quarterly / 83.99 £ Annuals
- Japan: 1300 Yen Monthly / 3600 Yen Quarterly / 8600 Yean Years
PLAYSTATION PLUS PRÉMIUM
Provides all the benefits of Essential and Extra levels
Add up to 340 additional games, which include:
- PS3 games available through the transmission in the cloud
- A catalog of beloved classic games available in transmission and unloading options of the original generations of PLAYSTATION, PS2 and PSP.
It offers access to the transmission in the cloud for the original PlayStation, PS2, PSP and PS4 games that are offered at the extra and premium levels in the markets where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can transmit games using PS4 and PS5 and PC consoles.
Limited time game tests will also be offered at this level, so that customers can try games selected before buying.
- United States: $ 17.99 Monthly / $ 49,99 Quarterly / $ 119,99 annual
- Europe: € 16.99 Monthly / € 49.99 Quarterly / 119,99 € Annual
- UK: 13,49 £ Monthly / 39,99 £ quarter / 99.99 £ annual
- Japan: ¥ 1550 – Monthly / ¥ 4300 – Quarterly / ¥ 10 250 Annual
However, there are several warnings about the new level subscription service. For example, in the markets without cloud transmission, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a price comparable to the PlayStation Plus Premium and will include “a catalog of the beloved classic games of the original generations of PlayStation, PS2 and PSP to download and play, along with time ». Limited game tests ». This will also include the Benefits of PlayStation Plus Essential and PlayStation Plus Extra. The exact catalog of PlayStation Plus titles will also vary depending on the market and the level.
As indicated above, the new version by PlayStation Plus levels with PlayStation Plus Essential, PlayStation Plus Extra and PlayStation Plus Premium will begin to be implemented regionally in several markets as of June. Asia first, then North America, then Europe and then the rest of the planet where PLAYSTATION PLUS is currently offered. You can check all our previous PlayStation coverage in general here. What do you think of the new stepped version of PlayStation Plus? Will one of the expanded models subscribe to one of the extended models? Let us know in the comments, or feel free to communicate and contact me directly on Twitter in @rollinbishop to talk about everything related to games!
Leave a Reply